Starting a Claim
If you're injured, you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident. This is important for two reasons:
- Many injuries aren't obvious after an accident and may take time to develop.
- Your attorney needs to know the severity of your injuries. This will help determine the amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
The sooner you hire an attorney, the better. The insurance company's attorneys are already preparing their defense. Take action and call an Ohio personal injury lawyer from Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy.
Meeting with an Attorney
When you first meet with an attorney, you will have a chance to explain the details of your accident and how it has impacted your life. We also will need some basic information about your accident, including:
- a signed medical authorization form from a doctor describing your injuries,
- records of the cost of any medical care, lost wages, and personal damages,
- a copy of your police report, if you already have a copy,
- physical evidence of the accident, such as photographs or torn clothing,
- and the contact information of any accident witnesses.
Your Ohio injury lawyer will use this information to build your claim. Once your case is prepared, your attorney will present the facts of your case, or a demand letter describing the amount of compensation you need, to the at-fault party and his or her attorney.
Getting Help for Your Accident
If you've been hurt in an accident due to someone else's wrongdoing, the Cleveland injury lawyers at Nurenberg Paris can help you file a claim. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call us today at (888) 900-6075 or fill out a free initial consultation form.