July 10th, 2019|
Vacation is supposed to be a time to relax and unwind, but life often has other plans, and accidents and injuries can occur even when you and your loved ones are hundreds or even thousands of miles away from home.
It’s important to be prepared to act right away when you suffer an injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence, regardless of when and where it happened. Whether your vacation injury is the result of a car accident, a slip and fall, a recreational accident, or any other unexpected mishap, knowing what to do in the minutes, hours, and days after it occurs can help you protect your health and your rights to compensation.
6 Steps to Take After a Vacation Injury
If you get injured on vacation, stay calm and do your best to complete these six vital steps:
- Tell someone about your injury—Report your injury to an employee, a manager, or the property owner. If you were involved in an auto accident, call the police.
- Take pictures of the accident scene—If you have your smartphone or a camera, use it to photograph the accident scene and your injuries.
- Get contact information from relevant parties—Get the names and phone numbers of witnesses, employees, managers, and property owners for future reference.
- Go to the hospital—Your injuries may require immediate medical attention, and some may not be obvious until hours or even days later.
- Tell your insurance providers what happened—If you purchased travel insurance, notify the insurer of your injury. If you were hurt in a vehicle, contact your auto insurance provider.
- Contact a law firm right away—You may be eligible for compensation even if your injury occurred thousands of miles away from home, but you need to act fast.
Vacation injuries can be stressful and traumatic, and it can be difficult to remember what to do when you’re in pain and need medical attention. That’s why we created this free downloadable walletcard to give you a quick and easy guide to protecting your health and your rights to compensation when you’re traveling.
We Take the Stress Out of Vacation Injuries
There’s nothing worse than a vacation gone awry, especially if it’s due to a serious injury. At Nurenberg Paris, our Ohio personal injury lawyers know what you’re going through, and we want to help you get the compensation you deserve for your medical bills and lost wages. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our decades of experience to work for your family.