February 25th, 2019|
Slip and fall cases are often misunderstood by both the public at large and insurance companies. Some people view slip and fall victims as being at fault for their own injuries, while insurers may be incredulous about the severity of the injuries that victims suffer.
However, anyone who has suffered a slip and fall knows that the injuries associated with those accidents can be devastating and even fatal. Victims can experience anything from broken bones and torn ligaments to spinal cord damage and life-threatening head trauma. Because of the risks associated with slip and fall injuries, property owners are responsible for keeping their premises safe for guests and invitees—but they don’t always uphold that duty.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
People can slip and fall due to a variety of factors, including:
- Wet floors—Victims slipping in grocery stores, restaurants, spas, gyms, and other places where liquid is likely to pool on the floor is all too common.
- Broken or uneven stairs—Slips and falls on broken or uneven stairs put victims at extreme risk of suffering debilitating and potentially fatal injuries.
- Insufficient lighting—Walking safely requires being able to see where you’re going. That’s why property owners are responsible for making sure outdoor paths, hallways, and other walking areas are always well-lit.
We Hold Negligent Ohio Property Owners Responsible
Proving liability in slip and fall cases requires at least one of the following criteria to be true:
- The property owner was aware of but didn’t fix a potential hazard.
- The property owner should have known about the hazard.
- The property owner’s actions resulted in the hazard.
If you or someone you love was hurt on someone else’s property, the Ohio slip and fall lawyers at Nurenberg Paris are ready to investigate your injury and determine how negligence contributed to the accident. We want to fight to help you get the money you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.