Fill out this form to receive a FREE initial consultation today! All fields are required.
Questions to Ask a Lawyer
You shouldn’t hire just any law firm to represent you after an accident-it’s important to hire a qualified Ohio personal injury lawyer. Before you make the decision to hire an attorney, it’s best to research several firms to find the one that has the professional experience necessary to handle your case.
To find out if a law firm is right for you, you should ask yourself and any prospective attorneys the following questions:
- Who will be handling my case?
Most law firms have several attorneys on staff. You should find out if more than one attorney might be working on your case, or if your case will be passed from one attorney to another during different phases of the case.
- Do I connect with this person?
Developing a professional relationship with your attorney is vital to the success of your case. Being open and honest with your attorney about your accident will help him present your case and obtain the best settlement for you.
- How much experience do you have with cases like mine?
Not all personal injury cases are the same. Find out how many cases the law firm has handled that are similar to yours.
- How much experience do you have in jury trials?
There’s a chance your case may eventually go to trial. If that happens, you’ll need an experienced courtroom lawyer on your side. The more years of experience a law firm has trying cases in front of a judge and/or jury, the better it will be able to represent you in court.
- How many cases have you won?
Experience matters. Find out how many cases the law firm has taken to court and how many of those resulted in victories for their clients.
- Are you skilled at negotiations, and do you mediate your cases?Being familiar with negotiation and mediation hearings should be a requirement for any law firm you hire. These particular areas of study are vital to settling and winning cases for clients.
- Have you received referrals?It’s common for judges and other attorneys to give referrals to exceptional law firms. You can often tell how well-known and respected a law firm is by how many referrals it has received from other parties.
When it comes to choosing a law firm to represent your case, take your time and ask as many questions as necessary until you feel confident that you’ve made the right choice. Once you’ve developed a level of trust and respect, you’ll have a more honest line of communication, which may ultimately help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident or want to know more about choosing the right law firm for you, the Ohio injury lawyers at Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy are here to help. Call us toll-free at (888) 900-6075 or fill out a free initial consultation form today.