Pamela has won numerous verdicts over a million dollars for her clients and has over 27 years of trial experience.
- Lecture Series
- Articles & Blogs
- « Back to Attorneys
Pamela Pantages has more than 27 years of experience as a trial attorney. Having earned a master’s degree in speech pathology/audiology, she successfully pursued a medical career before going to law school. Her current law practice includes all areas of medical negligence, but with particular expertise in obstetric and pediatric malpractice.
Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Pamela is also an invited member of the distinguished Melvin M. Belli Society and the International Society of Barristers (ISOB). ISOB membership requires a rigorous screening process that considers a lawyer’s ability, experience, accomplishments and ethical standards as rated by other trial lawyers and judges.
Pamela has been recognized by her peers as an Ohio Super Lawyer from 2009-2011 and 2013-2017. She is rated AV® Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating, and Avvo rated 10/10 (Superb). Pamela is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognizes lawyers with settlements and verdicts whose individual amounts exceed $1,000,000.00.
A sought-after speaker on birth injury litigation for the American Association for Justice at the national level and for the Ohio Association for Justice, among other organizations, at the state level, Pamela has also published on the topic, including an article co-authored with Leslie Iffy, M.D. titled Erb’s Palsy After Delivery by Cesarean Section (A Medico-Legal Key to a Vexing Problem) in the journal Medicine and Law, 2005 Dec; 24(4):655-61.
Throughout her career, she has advocated for children and their families in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Illinois, Virginia, Delaware, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.
- Ohio, 1990
- S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1996
- S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1997
- Kent State University, B.S., 1977
- Kent State University, M.A., 1978
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1990
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- International Society of Barristers
- Melvin M. Belli Society
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Inclusion (2009-2011, 2013-Present)
- 2017 AV® Preeminent™, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Rated Avvo 10/10 (Superb)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Best Lawyers® Inclusion (2017)
- Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Member of The Melvin M. Belli Society
- Member of the International Society of Barristers (ISOB)
- Member of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- OWBA Mentoring Program Meetings/Speaker Schedule – Guest Speaker
- AAJ Annual Convention – How to Handle Improper Deposition Etiquette – Boston, MA (July 2017)
- North Dakota Trial Lawyers Seminar – Friendly Lay Witness Depositions: Goal-setting, Preparation & Content
- North Dakota Trial Lawyers Seminar – Not-So Friendly Lay Witness Depositions: Risks/Benefits, Preparation & Content
- North Dakota Trial Lawyers Seminar – How to Handle Improper Deposition Etiquette
- 360 Advocacy – Trial Skills from the Woman’s Perspective
- NP Blog: Electronic Fetal Monitoring & Fetal Distress (May 2017)
- NP Blog: Instrument Assisted Deliveries (May 2017)
- NP Blog: Uterine Rupture (May 2017)
- NP Blog: Placental Abruption (May 2017)