Free Consultations 24/7
Plaintiff, a 50 year old maintenance man, was directed to sweep up around the industrial furnace. The furnace’s ignition system had been in a state of disrepair for months before his injury. It had been arcing, sparking and shorting out and defendant, despite observing these events, failed to repair the problem. The ignition wires were hanging out of uncovered electrical junction boxes. While sweeping plaintiff came in contact with the wires and received a 5,500 volt shock which stopped his heart for a few minutes resulting in oxygen deprivation to his brain. Plaintiff sustained a mild brain injury with some cognitive dysfunction. He is permanently and totally disabled from the working.