Free Consultations 24/7
Our law firm has been dedicated to clients like you for 90 years. We care about each one of our clients.
Cases We Handle
from auto accidents to defective product injuries to workers’ compensation claims, we’re here to help.
We value building relationships with the many people and organizations that make Cleveland a great place to live.
Our law firm has a trusted team of personal injury lawyers who have been helping injured people in Cleveland.
September 24, 2012
According to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, babies often suffer serious injuries during the birthing process.
The size or position of the baby during labor and delivery can sometimes cause an injury to the baby or mother. The most common conditions that may cause a difficult birth include the following:
(1) If the birth weight is over eight pounds and 13 ounces, then there could be trauma or birth injury.
(2) Babies born before 37 weeks are considered premature, and they have more fragile bodies that may be more easily injured during labor and birth.
(3) If the size and shape of the mother’s pelvis is not adequate for the baby to be born vaginally, this could cause a problem.
(4) A particularly difficult labor or childbirth could cause birth trauma or injury.
(5) Prolonged labor can cause trauma or injury.
(6) An abnormal birthing presentation--such as breech delivery--could create birth trauma or injury.
The most common birth injury during labor and delivery is a fracture of the clavicle or collarbone. The clavicle may break when there is difficulty delivering the baby's shoulder or during a breech delivery. But healing occurs quickly as new bone forms and develops in the first 10 days of a baby's life.
If anyone you know has experienced a severe birth injury, the Ohio personal injury lawyers at Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy may be able to help.
Whether you’re looking for a new doctor or have been with the same one for years, you want to be…
As much as we wish it wasn’t true, medicine is partially a guessing game. Even the most skilled, educated, and…
Whether you’re going to your doctor to find out why you’re having certain symptoms, or you’re getting prepped for major…