Mobile Blog Overview Mobile Blog Overview

Who Can File a Claim?

August 24, 2020

Do You Have a Case?

Find Out Now >
Although many family members may be considered beneficiaries – or recipients – of wrongful death damages, only one family representative, who has been appointed by the Probate Court, can file the claim. You can apply to the Probate Court to be the representative (also known as the Administrator or Executor), and then file a wrongful death claim on behalf of your loved one, if you are the deceased’s surviving:
  • Spouse
  • Child
  • Heir or heiress
  • Chosen beneficiary
  • Or dependent parent

Types of Damages

In Ohio, depending on the details surrounding your family member’s death, you may be able to recover damages for:
  • Funeral preparations
  • Future lost wages
  • Loss of benefits and support
  • Lost inheritance
  • Your loved one’s medical bills
  • Mental anguish suffered by surviving family members

Meet a Wrongful Death Attorney

Jonathan D. Mester, trial attorney, has been with Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy since 1998 as an associate and today is a partner. His practice focuses on representing victims of medical malpractice and he has also successfully handled numerous workplace and construction accident cases involving serious injury and death. He is a member of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited to trial attorneys who have won million or multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. At Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy, our Ohio wrongful death attorneys will use every resource possible to recover the full amount of compensation you need. Don’t face your struggles alone – call (216) 230-6384 or complete a free initial consultation form.

Related Posts