drug-injury-banner mobile drug-injury-banner desktop

Do You Have a Case?

Find Out Now >
Home > Cases We Handle > Drug Injuries > Drug Injury FAQ

Drug Injury FAQ

1. What is a drug injury?

If you’ve suffered any type of injury—temporary or permanent—from taking an over-the-counter or prescription drug, this could be classified as a drug injury, and you may be entitled to compensation. An Ohio drug injury lawyer from Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy can evaluate the details of your case and help you determine if you have a claim.

2. What should I do if I’ve suffered a drug injury?

If you’re experiencing severe or potentially life-threatening side effects from a prescription drug, you should immediately consult your physician. The doctor can assess your injuries and decide whether you should continue use of the drug—you should never stop taking any medication without first talking to your doctor.

3. How do I know what side effects are normal for the drug I’m taking?

All over-the-counter and prescription drugs provide a list of side effects—as well as directions for use—for consumers to review. This list will either be provided on the drug’s packaging or on a pamphlet within the packaging.

If you’re experiencing side effects from the drug you’re taking, you should review this list and consult your doctor. Your physician will want to know how the drug is affecting you, and he needs to be aware of the severity of your side effects.

4. Who can be held accountable for the drug injuries I suffered?

As Cleveland drug injury attorneys, it’s our job to determine who is responsible for the injuries you suffered. If the drug manufacturing company failed to thoroughly test its product or marketed the drug for uses not approved by the Food and Drug Administration, we will fight to hold the company accountable for its actions.

You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Call (216) 230-6352 or fill out a free initial consultation form today.

5. What if others have suffered the same injuries I’ve suffered?

If others have suffered similar injuries from taking the same drug, a class action lawsuit may need to be filed. At Nurenberg Paris, we can help you determine if your claim meets the requirements of the class action lawsuit and how you should proceed in the legal process.

Get Help Now